Trulieve Cannabis Corp. is a vertically integrated “seed to sale” company and is the first and largest fully licensed cannabis company in the State of Florida. Trulieve cultivates and produces all of its products in-house and distributes those products to Trulieve-branded stores (dispensaries) throughout the State of Florida, as well as directly to patients via home delivery. Trulieve also operates in California and Massachusetts.
Trulieve is listed on the Canadian Securities Exchange under the symbol TRUL.
Kim Rivers is currently serves asCEO of Trulieve. She received her Bachelor’s degree in Multinational Business and Political Science from Florida State University and her Juris Doctorate from the University of Florida. She then spent several years in private practice as a lawyer where she specialized in mergers, acquisitions, and securities for multi-million dollar companies.
For over a decade, Ms. Rivers has run numerous successful businesses from real estate to finance. She was Senior Vice President at Hunter & Harp Holdings, LLC and isthe principal at Inkbridge, LLC in addition to serving as CEO of Trulieve. The success of these ventures is in no small part due to the marriage of her corporate law experience and her real estate experience. She has overseen such projects as the acquisition and renovation of Hotel Duval and the Doubletree in Downtown Tallahassee.
Ms. Rivers also plays an active role in her community. She was the Chairperson of the Downtown Improvement Authority and a key committee member of the Tallahassee-Leon County Blueprint Committee in addition to serving on numerous charitable boards.
Trulieve is one of several medical cannabis licensees in Florida. As CEO, Ms. Rivers oversees every activity involved with the cannabis process from seed to sale. Trulieve keeps a wide variety professionals on staff – a lawyer, a doctor, a nurse, anuclear engineer, a toxicologist, scientists, and nurserymen – to ensure the safety and quality of the products they produce and sell.
Trulieve 2015-Present Quincy, FL
- Oversee and manage all aspects of the grow facility
- Manage all harvest and on-site test lab processes and procedures
- Provide additional legal oversight and direction
- Handle all corporate filings and compliance
- Investor and business consultant
- Primary legislative advocate
Inkbridge, LLC 2011-Present Tallahassee, FL
- Expertise includes new market tax credit financing, SBA financing and various government incentives and programs
- Primary legal counsel
- Structured and executed several hotel acquisitions and subsequent dispositions
- Structured and executed acquisition and disposition of multiple commercial properties
- Commercialized solar technology invented by Florida State University, resulting in approximately $75 million of investment, two manufacturing facilities, and 3 mega-watts of testing and demonstration arrays
- Acquired and repositioned the Doubletree Hotel in Downtown Tallahassee
- Investor and consultant for emerging companies
- Portfolio includes commercial real estate assets, hospitality outlets, and existing and start-up companies
Hunter & Harp Holdings, LLC 2010-2011 Tallahassee, FL
Senior Vice President
- Specialized in government finance and compliance
Keller Williams Realty 2005-2010 Tallahassee, FL
Lead Listing Specialist, The Rivers Team
- 2009 Number 2 Realtor in the Tallahassee Board of Realtors with 71 closed sales
- 2009 National Convention Panelist – “Mindset of an Opportunity Warrior”
- Closed large transactions, including $8 million exchange of commercial assets and $7.8 million sale
Troutman Sanders, LLP 2003-2005 Atlanta, GA
Lawyer, Corporate Group
- Specialized in mergers, acquisitions, and securities
- Representation of Georgia-Pacific Corporation in the $810 million sale of the building product’s distribution business to an affiliate of Cereberus Capital Management LP
- Representation of Cotton States Life Insurance Company, a publicly-held insurance company, in its sale to Country Insurance and the affiliation of its property and casualty insurance with Country Insurance
- Representation of various corporations in filing annual Securities and Exchange Commission reports
University of Florida 2000-2003 Gainesville, FL
Juris Doctorate, University of Florida
- Top 10% of graduating class; Journal of Law and Public Policy
Florida State University 1996-2000 Tallahassee, FL
Bachelor of Science, Multinational Business and Political Science
- Magna Cum Laude; Student Body President, 1999-2000